Recent content by Jeffreyhel

1. Jeffreyhel

mixing hot and cold water

leaving the hot and cold faucet valves in the open position and using your infrared EZ faucet has caused a direct CROSS CONNECTION where cold water can pass directly to the hot side causing problems in the building. Get a infrared faucet, not this screw on device(it's not a faucet), that was...
  2. Jeffreyhel

cultured marble shower pan problem

I had one that a homeowner had like that and the only thing I could think of was using a very long extention hose on a can of minimally expanding foam and drilling several holes behind the walls to get under the aprin of the shower. I had to use two cans I think. The customer was told this is...
  3. Jeffreyhel

Neptune Toilets

I have no experience with them but noticed that only two of them had the UPC code marked by it. The London and Roma
  4. Jeffreyhel

HELP! monoflo heat problem

With a mono-flow system you must take out the unused monoflow tees to keep proper water flow through the system If you have a 1 in x 1/2 x 1 in mono flow tee and then you cap the 1/2 you basically just have reduced the reset of the system by the flow that a 1/2 pipe can deliver. This is why...
  5. Jeffreyhel

Electricified Shower

Cass-- I never touched the water heater before. I live in NJ so it had been years for me to get down to WVa. tooloholic---Yes they were told to have an electrician to look at the circuit panel as I tried at a local supply store to get a replacement but no luck. It wasn't Federal or SquareD...
  6. Jeffreyhel

Any Hydronic Heating System Experts Here?

Yes we are here. You have two problems.. 1. If you have done air purging(bleeding) of a system before then a question or two wouldn't hurt. If you have never done it there are too many tricks of the trade that you might have to do while purging the system. Safety first! In which case you...
  7. Jeffreyhel

Electricified Shower

I was thinking about all the weird stuff that I have seen over the years and here is one that I found at my grandparents house in WVa . I was turning the tub/shower valve on and felt a little buzzzz while turning on the hot water. I finished the shower and got the little buzz again while...
  8. Jeffreyhel

PEX question

Like Terry said, PEX is good stuff and needs more support. In very tight spaces where fittings are inbetween beams you really need to figure out how to put everything together since the Aquapex (manual) tool is not small and you cannot get it into tight spots. I don't think I save anytime...
  9. Jeffreyhel

watts regulator

It sounds like a bad bypass. Anyway replacing the whole thing will solve the problem but MAKE SURE you get either another one that has the bypass or install an expansion tank.
  10. Jeffreyhel

Brasscraft valves under sinks

HJ said "Don't worry about holding back since you should not have to do it, and if you did, then the valve would probably break and need replacement anyway." So If I read this right ---if you hold back your valve will break....???? Why on earth would your valve break if you were to hold...
  11. Jeffreyhel

Brasscraft valves under sinks

I usually a small pair of channel locks to turn them initally. Make sure they are not plastic stems. If they are metal stems then you can apply wd-40 spray and wait a few minutes. Then you can try turning the handle while also holding back with another small channel lock.
  12. Jeffreyhel

Manufacturer recommendation

equal quality but better design is Delta Monitor or if you can afford it a grohe valve.
  13. Jeffreyhel

flies?

Sewer flies can be found in most sewers and I would not clean your drain line just because you found a fly. Just cover up the hole well until you get your toilet installed. Just my opinion.
  14. Jeffreyhel

water heater leaseing?? your opinions--pros and cons

Master Plumber Mark You said they will pay you $300 for a heater. What about water heaters that are not up to code, chimneys that faulty, copper gas lines that need to be changed to black pipe or better or all of the other problems that you get into installing water heaters. What about...
  15. Jeffreyhel

basement bathroom on slab

Setting the shower pan directly on the concrete floor is fine. Follow the manufacturers directions for what to set it on or in. NO, there is no room under the pan to offset it unless the verticle pipe in the ground can be offset with fittings. I would suggest some sort of tile,linoleum or...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks