Recent content by JD MO

1. JD MO

Open pipe in basement drain issue

Would not have thought of that. That sounds like a really good solution. Thank you.
  2. JD MO

I'll inspect that. We seem to have issues with our bathroom drains getting sludgy in this house that I don't remember being as bad in other places. Will definitely check that out.
  3. JD MO

Will do that. Thank you for the suggestion. I suspect that may have been what he did.
  4. JD MO

I don't know if this would make sense but I actually think he may have snaked only the cast iron. The machine he had with him was fairly large (like a push snow blower size) He worked only in the basement; he did nothing from the kitchen other than run water after. He had taken the large...
  5. JD MO

Just realized my response didn't go in a a reponse. Still learning the site. Thanks for your help Tuttle! Just added more pictures showing the connection.
  6. JD MO

Thanks Wayne. Its not currently blocked or at least not fully as we're able to use both sink and dishwasher without issue. Its overflowed once or maybe twice in the past few months. I have no problem getting the drain snaked but was curious if there's a way to prevent the issue in the future or...
  7. JD MO

Thank you so much for the help. I appreciate the detail on the indirect drain piece; that really helps my understanding. I've attached a few additional pictures showing the connection from the PVC to the steel. Like you said there is a steel piece that's narrower where the PVC meets the steel...
  8. JD MO

I've been having an on again off again issue with a drain and have been searching forums to see if I can find someone with a similar issue but haven't had any luck since I think its a fairly unique situation. I have two sewer line connections in my house. The house was expanded 20 years ago so...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks