Recent content by JayEss

1. JayEss

Recirculating pump and thermostatic mixing valve - some questions

That's what I thought, thanks! One more thing: My house is plumbed with PEX and the dedicated return line has a 1/2" copper stub-out. What's the "right" way to hook up the pump to that stub-out? From my understanding I don't want to sweat the copper stub-out since the heat can damage the PEX in...
  2. JayEss

This is the manufacturer's installation diagram for the valve with a recirculation system:
  3. JayEss

No idea - this was how it was set up when I bought the house and I haven't bothered to change anything yet.
  4. JayEss

Just a plain old natural gas, 50-gallon water heater (Bradford White in case it matters). I have a mixing valve to effectively give my house more hot water, as a 50-gallon tank doesn't provide enough for us. I could replace the water heater with a larger one but that seems unnecessary since the...
  5. JayEss

Hi everyone, I'm planning to add a recirculating pump on my hot water line, as it takes about a minute for the fixtures furthest away from the water heater to get hot water. I have a thermostatic mixing valve which I know makes things a little more complicated, but from my understanding it's...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks