Recent content by janicki

1. J

Shower diverter pops up by itself. Also, a bonus physics/pressure question.

Forgive my novice eyes, but it looks like both the diagram and pics show the shower pipe attaches to the back (curved part) of the ell, and the valve connects to the middle port of the ell (after a big loop to get to the top of the valve). The blue side of the valve is facing the tub. Am I...
  2. J

Crazy, right?! The diverter handle jiggles while the water is rushing through the spout. As it jiggles, it very slowly rises. After about 30-60 seconds, the handle has risen about 1/8", then it pops all the way up. The bottom of the spout isn't wide open like other tubs I've owned. This has...
  3. J

No, (not yet). I'm on the town water supply, and in general the house pressure seems the same as every other place I've lived, and the other shower in the house has no problems. However, this tub does seem to fill a little faster than others. Anyway, I'll have the pressure checked. I assume...
  4. J

A pretty big plumbing outfit installed my tub/shower. The valve is an American Standard "Central Thermostat with Volume Control". A twin ell feeds the tub/shower. I attached some pics. The problem is that the shower diverter on the tub spout will pop up all by itself after a minute or so...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks