Recent content by James Henry

1. James Henry

How do I insert an irrigation inline valve below the valve that is controlling the hose ?

Not you again. Unthread the 1/2 quick connect hose adapter from the ball valve, thread a 1/2nipple into the ball valve, thread a 1x 1/2 bushing on that, thread the irrigation valve on the 1x1/2 bushing, thread a 1x1/2 bushing in the outlet of the irrigation valve then thread the 1/2 quick...
  2. James Henry

Can this be considered a wet vent or do the fixtures need vented individually?

That drain looks deep enough to accomplish that. It can tie in less than 45 degrees vertically.
  3. James Henry

Can this be considered a wet vent or do the fixtures need vented individually?

The whole group must be on the same elevation. Look at my drawing again.
  4. James Henry

Cold and Hot Water reversed for entire unit

That's not your problem. Call them back.
  5. James Henry

Hello .

I probably would. Buy a carbide tipped hole saw for stainless. Practice on a scrap piece of stainless sheet metal. If you work at a big hospital I'm sure you have something laying around. Post a picture. I may change my mind.
  6. James Henry

First time doing below slab drain plumbing, many questions

non-changeable situation. Proper support and backfill is vital. Proper grade is also extremely important. Do not take this lightly.
  7. James Henry

Back to Back Sink Plumbing/Venting Help

Find a happy medium for the height of both drain outlets. If they are both lavatories they should be the same heights...
  8. James Henry

Back to Back Sink Plumbing/Venting Help

The lav drains should have been installed with a double sweep. The lower drain is breaking the vent.
  9. James Henry

Basement bathroom rough-in new construction - what to check?

Also, I don't trust anyone anymore that say their a plumber. A lot of areas don't even require a license, you should ask them if they have one. One little mistake will cost you big time. Alot of people think anyone can do plumbing.
  10. James Henry

Basement bathroom rough-in new construction - what to check?

Draw a sketch of what you're doing and then you will get the correct answers.
  11. James Henry

Backflow preventer relief valve won't seal after rebuild

By the way you have to be certified to work on it anyway. Just call a plumber that is certified to fix and test it.
  12. James Henry

Backflow preventer relief valve won't seal after rebuild

Close the house side and open the street side very slowly.
  13. James Henry

Liberty 404L pump

A liberty 404 is a tiny vessel, it will start to pump immediately after the washer starts draining so an AAV won't make any difference. I would be more concerned if it could keep up with a washer. You might want to investigate that.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks