Recent content by Jakefinley007

1. Jakefinley007

Help installing chlorine system

Thank you for the reply reach and yes it didn’t make sense why he would have it set up that way I would use the carbon to remove residual I am going to have the injector tied into the pressure tank wiring so when the pressure tank calls for water the outlet will power up for the injector
  2. Jakefinley007

Help installing chlorine system

Hello I am trying to install a chlorine injection system and I’ve been told many different ways on how to install it. And I am looking for the correct way. I have a 120 gallon retention tank a X030-XC-AAAAXXX pump a carbon filter and water softener. Should I install the chlorine pump before or...
  3. Jakefinley007

Help with Katalox light and sulfur

so i had a guy come out yesterday to test the water and he never even tested the water all he did was try and sell me a chlorine injection system and a bunch of other stuff totaling $9000. he said a chlorine system is the only way to deal with sulfur and its solves so many other issues. Bigbrew...
  4. Jakefinley007

what would you recommend? the last two days the sulfur smell was gone now after todays backwash it is back
  5. Jakefinley007

Before installing the micronizer I was getting about 5 inches. so I just did a backwash today and I looked at the pump the whole time. the pump kicks on at 40 psi and held 40 for about 3 minutes and the slowly went down to 30 psi by the end of the 14 min backwash
  6. Jakefinley007

correct right around 36 inches. any way to increase the bed expansion or would I need to get a pump that could produce more GPM? As for the excess air I am using an old water softener tank with the media removed and a air vent plumed into the brine fill port though it does not seem to release...
  7. Jakefinley007

just did a backwash the bed expansion was about 4 inches. I also just lowered my pressure tank back down to 40/60 today from 50/70 so the microionizer would draw in more air cause it seems to stop sucking in air at around 55 psi. not sure if that would decrease the bed expansion
  8. Jakefinley007

Unfortunately I am still having sulfur problems I have added a waterite microionizer and that seemed to help a little but I am still getting sulfur. I think my next best bet is to replace the media in my AIO filter, it is currently katalox. Should I stick with katalox or should I try a different...
  9. Jakefinley007

Thanks for the reply LLigetfa. Has any one used the sulfur eliminator here? I've been doing a lot of reading on it and see good and bad things. I've heard it causes alot of iron build up and some people say that it will ruin your well casing cause it to rust faster. is this true? Also I don't...
  10. Jakefinley007

yes H2S my whole house smells like rotten eggs. what would be a good way of determining my GPM wait for my next backwash or could I go to my nearest faucet and see how long it will take to fill up a 5 gal bucket and should I use both hot and cold water or just cold? thank you
  11. Jakefinley007

Hello all I am having problems with my katalox filter. here were my last water test results water hardness 68gpg, iron 3ppm, sulfur 1-2ppm, tds 1550ppm. I have a Katalox Filter System with 10" X 54" Tank & Fleck 2510SXT and I had no issues for a year, it actually seems the sulfur went away in my...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks