Recent content by Infernoman

1. Infernoman

Dual pressure tank install on residential supply

I removed some of the flow restrictions earlier, the strainer on the PRV, 4 elbows and about 5 feet of 3/4”. I have some more accurate numbers now. I’ve added a Pressure gauge in the bottom apartment which has about 10 feet of elevation. With the PRV at 70 psi(160 ft) When you run the cold...
  2. Infernoman

Let’s suggest that friction loss is my issue combined with a decreased flow rate. This would cause the issues I’m having… low usage is okay because friction loss is lower at a lower flow rate. When usage increases so does friction, which causes a psi drop and a decreased flow rate from the...
  3. Infernoman

https://www.watts.com/dfsmedia/0533dbba17714b1ab581ab07a4cbb521/20383-source/es-lf25aub-pdf Here’s the spec sheet for the pressure valve.
  4. Infernoman

Played around with pressures tonight. There seems to be a sweet spot, where the 100 foot run doesn’t load down the whole system, but the house has a bit lower psi. Increase the psi and the 100 foot run progressively gets worse after around 60 psi. I did make a mistake by using clamp based pex...
  5. Infernoman

the only sense of it I can make is that the flow rate or velocity? of the service is too low and causing excessive pressure loss upon a tap opening. The PRV I’m using isn’t a restriction based PRV it’s spring based so the restriction size alters based on flow rate. Currently the setting of the...
  6. Infernoman

This is pretty much what I was thinking as well but instead of 3 tanks, a single tank in each location at municipal pressure then a PRV after each of the tanks. Before the water is introduced back into the system.
  7. Infernoman

Believe me I would love to run 1-1/4 line as well haha. There is a total of 5 toilets, 4 showerheads. 2 run simultaneously. My theory was that a pump wouldn’t be able to increase the flow rate and psi enough because of the compromised city line. And it would struggle trying to pull from the...
  8. Infernoman

Hello everyone, currently my home is supplied by a 1/2” line which replacing it would require digging and the quotes we’ve gotten are just out of the budget. So we’re unable to upgrade the supply line currently. The 1/2” lines goes into the meter at 3/4 and the back out at 3/4 into a pressure...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks