Recent content by Indyshawn

1. I

Kitchen drain adjustments to reduce water

Thanks again to all that offered advice on this job - especially Redwood! Here is a pic of the final outcome - it's all secure, sealed, and dry! :) The vent wasn't too difficult to add either. I'm in Indiana - I don't think there is a problem with having the vent if I understand the plumbing...
  2. I

update Just wanted to post a couple pics of my progress - I have the center outlet waste and the p-trap cut to length and dry fitted. I'll cut the main drain pipe tomorrow to a height that will allow the sanitary tee to attach to the ptrap (as shown in redwood's diagram). I need to pick up...
  3. I

Thanks Gary - so would you agree with the recommendations that Redwood made, or do you see a problem with a center outlet waste like HJ mentioned? Thanks again!
  4. I

Thanks HJ - so what would be the potential problem caused by a center outlet waste? I'm also not understanding your comment about an 'S' trap - I thought I currently have a 'P' trap only.
  5. I

Thanks for posting the images and explanation - all makes sense and will be very helpful! Still unsure about the AAV though, as it was not part of the plumbing previously (house is just a few years old - in Indiana - and had double sinks with a disposal previously also)? Is this necessary...
  6. I

ah, thanks again for the posts above! - didn't see those until I'd added my second reply :-)
  7. I

Thanks for the input Redwood. So if I'm understanding correctly, you suggest I shorten that red section and I should raise the trap section as well? I'm a bit confused by your last statement though, about extending through the roof and the AAV? Also in the first photo, the red section...
  8. I

Hi all - New to the forum and looking for some advice. I've replaced the kitchen sink and installed a new garbage disposal. I now need to reroute the drain lines to accomodate the different heights (sinks are deeper than previous, disposal is larger). My current setup is in the photo...