Recent content by hygron

1. hygron

I like the nice new software. Nice theme.

Sorry, I have not been around for a while. Health and vision issues have slowed me down over the past couple years. Glad to see your forum busy as usual. If all goes well in the next 3 months; I should have some content to share with you. Later, H
  2. hygron

Buying a greenhouse

I would not personally recommend a PVC greenhouse in Minn, The work well and last in Fla, but I think you would develop issues over time, and would have to re-invest money over and over. Gogalvanized Steel. It will last as long as you do.
  3. hygron

Need HELP on how to splice cut underground sprinkler wires

Even if your system is 110 or 220, there is a shrink wrap slice kit for your problem. I used a splice kit like this when I had to replace my deep well pump. Hope this helps
  4. hygron

Buying a greenhouse

Call your County agent and ask him about greenhouse ops that have gone out of business, or, about Auctions in your area. Sometimes you can find a fantastic deal. Atlas Greenhouse is a great company. I deal with them and they are always willing to help. http://www.atlasgreenhouse.com/ Tek...
  5. hygron

Oh Yeah! Propagation. It is that time of year.

Here at Bonneau Pepper Farm, We are getting ready to do all of our Spring propagation. We will be posting and following our seedlings as they sprout and begin to thrive. The Medium we use for propagation will be, Oasis Horti-cubes, and Pro-Mix BX. A soil-less grow medium. Both mediums...
  6. hygron

1 - 1/2 hp irrigation pump rebuild?

Thanks again guys. Ok. i understand the circuit now. As far as voltage; We were running 220, and pump worked for almost 2 years. But, thanks, will check the voltage too.
  7. hygron

This is what I was looking for. As always the supporters of T.Loves forum are right on, and very easy to understand.
  8. hygron

Thanks all. So you say that even though the starter switch is possibly bad; power will get to the motor to produce a binding type electrical hum? Just clarifying, because on my HID lamps; If a starter is bad...No Juice, noise, etc...DEAD How does electricity get through a bad starter to the...
  9. hygron

I have a big 1-11/2 hp irrigation pump I need to fix. Motor is good, but impeller seems to be froze up. Need some guidance, before I tear into it and mess something up. I can take a picture, but I am not sure I can tell what brand this is. When I turn on the breaker to run pump; It...
  10. hygron

Fantasy Football. Are you going to play?

Hi there, I run many fantasy football leagues, in many non-standard style leagues. If any one is interested; I will post style of league, and how many openings we have in each format.
  11. hygron

Off the Grid Hyphonics, by Jon Woodward

This seems a lot like simplified hydroponics. Taught in 3rd world countries. They use any container they can find, and add an overflow 1-2 inches (depending on whether it is a grow tray (made from recycled pallets, and lined with plastic), or a tall vessel, (like a 2 liter coke bottle), above...
  12. hygron

World's Hottest Peppers

I have been growing Habanero for Whole Foods for some time now; We never made a ton of money doing this, and over the past 2 years I have had about 7 phone calls asking about Ghost peppers, Scorpion peppers, etc...etc Well, this year I bought seeds for the hottest Peppers in the World...
  13. hygron

This is a Q & A

This a set up as a Q & A. I look forward to answering any questions you might have about Hydroponics. Even though I am posting info about my experiences and equipment; I expect folks to ask questions on hydroponic topics of interest to them. FYI
  14. hygron

Off the Grid Hyphonics, by Jon Woodward

Very interesting. I am curious about this method. However; I am a believer that you need to oxygenate your reservoir. I still am interested, because I believe that many methods can be applied in hydroponics, and much is a matter of personal choice, and circumstances. Thanks for sharing. I...
  15. hygron

Ebb and Flow / Flod and Drain

This is the practice wheras this Hydro system has a seperate reservoir located below a table or tray. A small submersible pump is inserted into the reservoir, on a timer set to intervals, in order to space out watering events over the entire day. When pump is on it fills the table, and when it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks