Recent content by homeowner_bob

1. H

Drain/vent for new basement sink

Thanks all. The explanation of the upstairs sink clogging and it dumping down the vent made sense. The current vent setup will not work. AAVs are allowed for us, with inspector approval, but even with that I don't like them in principle. I need to find a way to route the vent another way so it...
  2. H

Clear sump pump cover?

I remembered seeing the below video on how to make a clear cover when I was researching moving my radon pipe. Really though, it seems like a lot of work. I would suggest Tuttles idea of cutting in a window. Or use a flexible coupling on the radon pipe right above the cover, so you can easily pop...
  3. H

can't reach washing machine inlet. extender available?

Something like this might work for you. Maybe not this specific item.... the general idea being a longer hose with its own shutoff, which you can connect the washer hose to. https://www.acehardware.com/departments/plumbing/pipe-fittings/push-fittings/4794293
  4. H

Basement Bathroom Exhaust

2021 IRC: For the kitchen window, #2 is your potential problem assuming your locality follows this. If it's more than 3 feet, then it's a non-issue. Less than 3 feet - judgement call on how close it is and how much work you want to do re-routing it. Personally, if it were me, I wouldn't put it...
  5. H

Drain/vent for new basement sink

Hi forum. Thanks in advance. I'm adding a basement wet bar and would like to use an existing 2" drain/vent line from our kitchen sink upstairs. The picture I captioned is pretty clear (I think!), but i'll type it out too. I'll be re-routing the existing 2" drain line straight down, then...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks