Recent content by Holan

1. Holan

Looking for opinions on this softener

Hi Jeff, I also live in Vegas. I also shopped around for water softeners and it was stressful to say the least. The seller that you mentioned was really aggressive and would call me at 10PM at night (this was in April 2020). Anyways, my research on macro-porous resin is that it is unnecessary...
  2. Holan

Point of Use Reverse Osmosis

Please PM me recommendations. I'm assuming the popular ones online aren't so great?
  3. Holan

Water treatment

Thank you. There is another seller that does downflow timer on the filtration tank (but KDF is below the carbon) and then to a metered tank with softener. Now I am wondering if I should just forgo the KDF all together. I do want the carbon as I dislike chlorine. Vegas is .9PPM and peakas at 1.7...
  4. Holan

Water Softener Size Question

Also KDF-55 top of carbon or below carbon if we are running downflow?
  5. Holan

The builders out in Utah seem pretty confident with their build and it looks like they've been doing this build with KDF-55 with upflow for the Las Vegas distributor/reseller for the decades. I see their tanks being sold by various websites. (Not sure who makes their tanks, but their valve is a...
  6. Holan

If I back wash at the recommendations, would it be too much for the carbon if it's in the same tank? I've read that the answer to this is a resounding yes.
  7. Holan

Why definitely 10x54? Thank you! All the sellers here use Clack Valves. One uses a modified clack valve (with upgraded electronics) As for tanks I can ask. I know one company definitely uses enpress since they offer both enpress tank and enpress with mid-vortech distributor plates. In your...
  8. Holan

So 13-15 days is no problem? Also would service flow rate be the same? Vegas water doesn't have chloramine. It has chlorine. Average .9 PPM peaks at 1.7 or 1.2 I want to use carbon in another tank (I heard that mixing media is bad). So I was looking at stacked, Vortech by Enpress, and just...
  9. Holan

Thanks. I have the space. Is the 48,000 grain better because its better our usage goes up? Is there such thing as regenerating to seldomly (Past 14 days)? Is there an advantage going smaller? (The seller says you don't want to go to far between regenerations) How's the water usage between the...
  10. Holan

Hi everyone, What would be an appropriate size water softener? 9x48 32,000 grain or 10x54 48,000 grain? 2 people in household (we average 140 gallons a day- we may use even less since we water our plants and that water wont go through the softener, so our house usage may be less.) 16 gpg...
  11. Holan

Water treatment

With 2.5 inch diameter in the media guard makes sense since it would take less flow rate then if it was in a 9 inch or 10 inch diameter tank. I read about that being the proper way. But no, it doesn't look that way. Like I said I'm not the builder... but the builder in Utah says they go...
  12. Holan

Water treatment

There are a few sellers in Vegas advertising KDF-55. They are placing it with carbon in a separate tank and the resin in the other. One of the builders for the one of the sellers is out in Utah, and they've been doing it for while. I talked to them, and they combat the KDF-55 clumping up problem...
  13. Holan

Mixed bed softener setup

I would like to know your recommendations in Vegas. Looking for the highest quality 10% Resin. Thank you!
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks