Recent content by hillpc

1. hillpc

Carlin 60200 primary control motor relay dropping out on post purge

Carlin EZ1HP oil burner. Not every cycle, during the 120 second post purge, the motor relay drops out for ~1/4 second and kicks back in, about every 3 seconds. The motor just starts to slow down and then one can hear the relay clicking back in. So I bought a new one. Same exact behavior. I...
  2. hillpc

Honeywell Aquastat & Outdoor Reset Module

power down the aquastat Today I powered down the boiler for 15 seconds. Then after powering back up I could access the outdoor reset control parameters. I had originally hooked up the ODR without powering down. Note that with the L7248C aquastat only the high limit, anti-short cycle timer...
  3. hillpc

Honeywell Aquastat & Outdoor Reset Module

I'm having the same problem. The L7248C aquastat doesn't seem to know that the ODR module is connected. Anti-short cycle timer and degrees F/C are the only other adjustable parameters besides high limit that come up.
  4. hillpc

transformer gasket not enough to prevent indoor odors in direct vent?

Brand spanking new ThermoDynamics TDX90+ condensing boiler (it hasn't condensed anything yet) with Carlin EZPro burner and direct vent. Positive draft through the entire system (except for the 4" combustion air inlet ductwork that is), so it should leak anyplace there's any gap or hole. The...
  5. hillpc

combining hot water coil with electric hot water heater

Well, the logic may be correct that firing up the oil boiler every time someone tuns on a faucet (or keeping the boiler at temp just for hot water) is wasteful compared to other methods, but there's something seriously wrong with the numbers at...
  6. hillpc

efficiency of +20 year old Weil-Mclain oil boiler P366(HE)?

The boiler with Beckett AF burner was here when I moved in. I assume the HE stands for high efficiency, but what was that 20 years ago? I could keep this boiler going for a long time, but wanted to check if it's worth it to replace with new. The Weil-McLain website has a calculator but...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks