Recent content by hef

1. hef

pressure tank size

Yea I was starting to think a pump capable of that kind of pressure is what I really need to do this right. Using my existing pump, to get the water up to a holding tank 70 feet above the house it would have to pump up from the lake as well which is about 90 feet. Therefore thats a total of...
  2. hef

pressure tank size

I see the logic of the CSV - but I was thinking about my entire set up and had another idea. (now I know enough to be dangerous) My lot continues uphill from my pump at the lake to the house, and further up to the road. Would it make more sense to install a simple water tank up hill from the...
  3. hef

pressure tank size

pressure loss bladder PSI
  4. hef

pressure tank size

Pressure Thank you for all the previous replies and informaton regarding the pressure tank. Regarding pressure - would you expect to see the pressue cut in and off points high (for a system like mine) in which the pump and tank are at the water suppliy (lake) and the cottage is 80-100 feet...
  5. hef

pressure tank size

Can you recommend a good manufacturer for pressure tanks - I have seen a big delta in what some tanks cost as compared to others. Also can you recommend the best material - steel over fiberglass for example. Thanks, Hef
  6. hef

pressure tank size

So the frequency of cycles (more) is bad - duration of run time is not detrimental to the motor/pump? You mention 11 GPM at 20psi, but its only 4 GPM at 60 psi. So which GPM is right? Thanks, Hef
  7. hef

pressure tank size

Hello, I need a new pressure tank for my cottage water system. (air pressure measured at bladder = 0) Symptoms are good pressure at the cottage for a brief period of about 1 min, only to drop to very low until the pump cycles back on. I have read about how to size a new tank but I want...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks