Recent content by Gvandy

1. Gvandy

Trouble setting MTI shower base

Shower pan and floor
  2. Gvandy

The bottom at it's deepest is 3 inches from floor,directions say "Place enough bedding compound to fill void between the entire bottom of the shower pan and floors just want to do this the best I can installed a cheap Aqua Glass tub and surround 18 years ago and the tub cracked against the...
  3. Gvandy

The raised part of it buy the drain is dead level with the base,so it would be resting on the floor so no room for mortar underneath if you want the bottom of the threshold on the floor,thinking maybe that was my problem but just want an opinion on how to go about setting this.
  4. Gvandy

Here you go Terry!
  5. Gvandy

Terry don't know how to send pics thanks for responding
  6. Gvandy

I have tried 3 times and top of curb wants to flex,also alot of the bottom of the shower base is already touching the floor using the sand topping mix like the manufacturer wants is hard to do cause it doesn't flow under the base.
  7. Gvandy

I have tried 3 times and top of curb wants to flex, also alot of the bottom of the shower base is already touching the floor using the sand topping mix like the manufacturer wants is hard to do cause it doesn't flow under the base.
  8. Gvandy

Having trouble setting shower base subfloor is level except for one 12x12 area where it dips down to about an 1/8 of an inch, when shower base is test fitted it goes in perfect, the bottom edge of threshold is resting on subfloor, when I do my mortar piles where my floor is dipped the bottom...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks