Recent content by Guy2014

1. Guy2014

Storage Tank Float Switch Control System

It is true the total length of the run is 7oo ft, but, since the house is situated 150 feet from the tank and 550 from the well, I think I can put the relay for the 24VDC float switch circuit at the house. I might have better luck with that much shorter DC circuit. One last question, Your...
  2. Guy2014

Thanks for the circuit diagram and tips. There is no power at the pump, so I go with your first idea. The relay you picture in the diagram, is it an off the shelf item sold at plumbing supply stores? If not, I'll need more detail about the relay. Would this relay work...
  3. Guy2014

Thanks to all who helped me understand what I needed for my new creek source water system. Now, I am trying to figure out how to control the pump based on the water level in my storage tank. I'm sure this has been covered before somewhere in this forum, but I can't seem to use the right search...
  4. Guy2014

Pumping from creek pool to storage tank

Yup, already have the generator and will have a circuit in the house to connect it to.
  5. Guy2014

So, 57.4 PSI is required for the flow to start. In terms of pump selection, when I look at 5 GPM graph for a 1/2 HP Franklin Pump, the graph shows flow rate vs height. The flow rate starts at 8 GPM at 150 feet, then proceeds to 1 GPM at 300 feet. So, I presume I would get slightly better...
  6. Guy2014

So, at 5 gpm , what increase in pressure 100 feet below the tank can I expect?
  7. Guy2014

We live in the wooded boonies and it is not uncommon for the power to be off, sometimes for days. Most folks around here prefer a storage tank for those times. Folks without tanks wish they had them. Still, it would be much easier to do what you suggest... As to the GPM, I haven't chosen a...
  8. Guy2014

I'm preparing to install a new water system on unimproved property. I will be pumping from a 4 foot deep year round pool to a 1200 gal storage tank. The tank is 130 feet above the creek and the run is 7oo feet. The house will be 30 feet above the creek (100 feet below the tank). We plan to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks