Recent content by GutJob598

1. G

Drain / Vent Design

^^^^^^^^^ It looks that way, but no. It's a house I bought that had a lot of problems that were covered up. It's turned into a total rehab that is in the process of bankrupting me. The bids I've gotten all range from $4k and up to do the plumbing, I can't afford it.
  2. G

Drain / Vent Design

Deleted...
  3. G

DVW design in small bathroom... Need help.

drawing added OK, Here's an overhead drawing. The two 2" vent pipes from the basement will tie into the stack just before it enters the attic. The vanity is vented above the trap. The vent goes into the attic where it ties into the 3" stack. The toilet and the shower (center...
  4. G

Bath rough-in

Why not head off the floor joists rather than notching them?? Incredibly simple to do with some joist hangers. You've basically made the joists with the notches into 2x6s. I'm pretty sure a 2x6 wouldn't cut it for the span you have there. Your house won't fall down, but notching like that...
  5. G

DVW design in small bathroom... Need help.

I'm in the process of completely remodeling my house and need a little design help with the vent/waste in the bathrooms. The house has two small bathrooms, one directly on top of the other. The upper bathroom is 5'x9' and the lower one is 5'x8'. The upper bathroom has the toilet, vanity...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks