Recent content by Grandbllc

1. Grandbllc

Uneven freestanding tub.

Is the floor uneven or is the tub uneven? I feel like its a defective tub if its not flat on a flat floor
  2. Grandbllc

PEX Water tube splits open

Could it be possible the shut off valve is letting water thru and causing a freeze?
  3. Grandbllc

Capping galvanized

They make a compression fitting for galvanized, I saw an old timer use one when I was an apprentice. You could get a nipple, cut the threads off one side cap the other and use the compression fitting. Not sure if they're rated for underground
  4. Grandbllc

Shower Arm Tightness?

I always do the screwdriver method, works great and I always have it in my pocket when trimming showers anyway
  5. Grandbllc

1st Time Bathroom Remodel - Advice on Sink/Toilet plumbing connections?

Getting the old stub out might prove to be extremely difficult, if not impossible. I've had one snap off in the tee before. Then you just have threads stuck inside. I would definitely cut the old san tee out. If you use cast iron sawzall blades its not too difficult, use a corded sawzall. Lowe's...
  6. Grandbllc

Toilet flush forces waste toward shower drain

To me it looks like the notched part is just a stringer between the joists but its hard to say from just pictures. As far as the plumbing, get a new contractor who has a license and is willing to pull a permit. There's no way that would pass inspection
  7. Grandbllc

How to protect white plastic clean out protruding out of dirt in front yard

Lower it, dig an area out around it and install a roadway rated cleanout cover. Pour 6" concrete around that and you're good to go
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks