Recent content by goofy_american

1. goofy_american

Gas line question

Well you might want to tell the Black & Decker Corporation that their book is wrong then... http://books.google.com/books?id=8oS85GWI8OoC&pg=PA44&lpg=PA44&dq=type+L+copper+flared&source=web&ots=8W4S5I-x6A&sig=66Ghf2WekDmRs0V5PpeF7CYXGvw&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=2&ct=result#PPA44,M1...
  2. goofy_american

Gas line question

nhmaster, thank you for your concern but I respectfully disagree. I am going to be installing Type L flexible copper gas lines with no connectors. There will be two flared ends and the entire line will be pressure tested. From the chart posted, I can see that Type L copper line at 1/2"...
  3. goofy_american

Gas line question

More info from the manual - Pressure requirements for both units: Natural Gas: Minimum Inlet Pressure - 5.0 inches w.c. Maximum Inlet Gas Pressure - 14.0 inches w.c. Manifold Pressure - 3.5 inches w.c.
  4. goofy_american

Gas line question

Both fireplaces are Heat & Glo. The main floor living room fireplace (33 feet from regulator) is a SL-750TR. BTU's is 16,900 to 24,300 BTU/Hour Input (NG). The basement fireplace (40 feet from regulator) is a SL-750TRS. BTU's is 20,200 to 30,800 BTU/Hour Input (NG). Thanks again!
  5. goofy_american

Gas line question

Thanks for all the replies guys (and gals?), I understand your concern and appreciate your thoughts. The fireplace gas input is 1/2". The gas regulator output is 1/2". The furnace, water heater, gas clothes dryer and gas stove are all 1/2". My plan is to buy 33 feet and 40 feet of...
  6. goofy_american

Gas line question

Good day, I am installing two new Heat-n-glo fireplaces. I need to run gas lines to both locations. Here in Mn, 1/2" flexible copper is allowable under code. One fireplace is approximately 33 feet from the regulator and the other is approximately 40 feet. Being that copper is so...