Recent content by Glenf

1. Glenf

Range Gas Line Remodel Box?

Gas Line to the Trane It's probably about 20 feet. The high input on the Trane is 120,000 BTU and the low is 90,000 BTU. The specs for it call for 1/2" line. It has performed flawlessly! Thanks for your comments.:)
  2. Glenf

Checked out the pipe size in the attic! Ok, I climbed my old, tired body up into the attic and found that the majority of the run is 1" from the meter which feeds the Trane 1600i (90,000 BTU fed with a 1/2" pipe) up on the roof; the gas fireplace (21,600 BTU) fed with a 3/8" pipe; and the gas...
  3. Glenf

50K Burners & 50K Oven That tells me that if the entire run is 1/2" and the oven is on, we can't use the burners or if all of the burners are on (unlikely) that we can't use the oven! I'd guess that I'll have to climb up into the atic and measure that pipe size as it may just be the stub out...
  4. Glenf

Now what size gas line?????????? My wife has decided on a Whirlpool 5-burner range from Lowes. Their installation instructions do indicate that the gas outlet must be within 17" of the floor so I am going to have to lower it a bit (probably comes down from the attic) by adding a nipple and...
  5. Glenf

Turn off gas prior to moving stove out. I'd guess that he must climb up onto the counter, unless he used to play basketball!:rolleyes:
  6. Glenf

Elbow against the wall? I'll have to go down and measure the range again to see if an 18" high pipe will clear the rear of the stove. An elbow, then the valve would certainly be easier!
  7. Glenf

I am removing the gas cooktop, replacing it with a free standing gas range. The gas line currently enters the cabinet about 18" from the floor - far to high for a range! I need to remove the gas line and valve and mount it closer too the floor and not sticking out 6" into the area where the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks