Recent content by Glen1

1. Glen1

GFCI shared neutral

I am running 12-3 from my main panel to 2 separate GFCI outlets for a washer and dryer. Is it safe and code to supply 1 outlet with BLACK, the other with RED, and share the neutral? Would I have to terminate in a j-box and run 2 separate 12-2 to each outlet or can I split the neutral in the same...
  2. Glen1

Basement wiring

I have a partially finished basement and I am a little confused about NEC. I am being told that all outlets need GFCI protection and must also be Tamper Resistant if under 5.5' from the floor. Is this correct? I am also being told I need arc fault breakers on all 15A and 20A circuits in the...
  3. Glen1

Cast iron hub waste pipe connection

Thanks for the advice. It took more time and effort than I care to admit, but once I got a small part of that lip inside the CI the rest of the rubber went in with significantly less effort. This thing is in there rock solid. I wish I would have seen Terry's idea first, it looks a bit easier...
  4. Glen1

Cast iron hub waste pipe connection

I am new to the forum so forgive me if this was covered already. I have a 4" Cast Iron hub that I need to convert to 3" PVC for a toilet installation. It was originally a lead elbow into a brass ring with an oakum joint. The lead was damaged and my mistake was not just cutting the lead and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks