Recent content by Giblet

1. G

q on rebuilding tub surround

Richard, Fortunately, when I took my wall down I did not have the same issues with a door/outlet to work around. I personally got lucky as my tub is in an alcove and the wall I took down is across from the doorway. :) With regards to your issues with the cbu and the tub surround...I don't...
  2. G

q on rebuilding tub surround

Furring studs Richard, I had the same questions about furring out the studs. I went to HD and all they had to provide were some heavy 1/8" cardboard strips - not exactly what I was looking for. What I did find that worked better was that Lowe's carries what they refer to as a 1/4" wood...
  3. G

Rerouting vent for Pedestal Sink Installation

Well, the more I read and think about this the more I know that I had better make the room for a full revent scenario. So I will be dropping in a sanitary tee for the p-trap and then running up a couple of inches from that and then taking the vent back through the stud to the vent that joins the...
  4. G

Rerouting vent for Pedestal Sink Installation

Hi all, I am replacing the existing sink vanity with a new pedestal sink and ran into a bit of a problem. When I removed the drywall behind the vanity (major overhaul :)) I noticed that the existing p-trap dumped into a sanitary tee that vented straight up. Unfortunately, this will conflict...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks