Recent content by ggirl

1. G

Feel like I'm getting taken advantage of.....

One of the four gas guys tested with all of the valves to everything open and then systematically shut everything off while still testing. There still was a loss of pressure. Am I right in thinking that I shouldn't pay the plumber another dime until this is fixed? The plumber is using...
  2. G

Yeah, they squirted that too (at least the first three did). I'm at my wits end and broke. Do you know what kind of guage I'm talking about. I don't know another way to describe it.
  3. G

They used the sniff and the soap test the first time, which ironically they didn't even find the exposed leaks. The second, third, and fourth guys didn't use the sniff test only the soap. The third guy did do the systematic shut off of all the appliances and it still showed a loss. The...
  4. G

Ok, here's the story. I'm selling my house and gas inspection is required prior to closing. The gas company came out and determined by using a sensitive pressure guage (long thing with water in it), that I have a leak because I'm losing pressure. I call a plumber and they come out and use a...
  5. G

I'm an idiot - broke flange

Guess what everyone.... I pulled the toilet and discovered the flange was ok! I must have just pulled it out when tightening. I re-set with a new wax ring and everything is great. Thanks for all you advice. This forum was a lifesaver!!
  6. G

Thanks Gary!! I'll do that and let you know how it works out. You all are a life saver (or as least a sanity saver).
  7. G

Thanks Verdeboy and Geniescience. The cap won't even go down on it now because it's sticking up too high. I can't find that groove you are talking about.
  8. G

Ok, when I pull the bolt up,as I said before, it comes up quite a bit but not totally out and I'm able to move it around. It's completely covered in wax. I tried to maneuver it around to see if maybe i pulled it out but it seems all I feel is tile or a flat surface underneath. If i do end up...
  9. G

There is no leaking but I can pull up the bolt and it doesn't come all the way out but pretty far. Am I making any sense?
  10. G

I don't visibly seen any cracked porcelain. Would it be obvious? Would I just take up the toilet to replace the flange? You are really going to have to dumb this down for me. Thanks.
  11. G

No, I'm sorry, I'm not Granite Girl. :D Well, let me give a little background. I'm selling my house and the inspector advised that my toilet is a little loose. I personally couldn't tell at all that it was loose. Just to be sure, I got the bright idea to try to tighten it down. Apparently I...
  12. G

Ok, I'm goin to start off saying I know absolutely nothing about plumbing. My question is...... I stupidly tightened the toilet too much and broke the flange. At least I think that is what I did. The other side is not broken. Can anyone tell me how much this will cost to repair and what it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks