Recent content by gdomalewski

1. gdomalewski

Trying to get an old well running again

Progress from last night - sandblasted the well seal, used JB weld to join the two broken pieces back and also seal the vent hole. Once dried overnight took it to the bench grinder to even it all back out and hit with a coat of rustoleum.
  2. gdomalewski

I drove the well yesterday in the old casing. I reused the old stainless drive point and picked up 3 new 10'6" galvanized pipes, putting the well tip 37.5' from the surface. I hooked up the pitcher pump and the initial water draw was very murky and sand ridden but after pumping for a few hours...
  3. gdomalewski

No, the rubber ring is a solid ring. It would make sense to be split but it is not. So should I reinstall the well point 35 feet down in the old casing or drive in a new location? Any thoughts?
  4. gdomalewski

1 & 2 are both the top steel ring with a crack facing the camera where the vent hole is. 3 is the rubber ring. 4 is the lower steel ring with tapped holes.
  5. gdomalewski

Should I drive the well in the casing or just drive the point in a new spot? If is in the casin will the flow of water be restricted?
  6. gdomalewski

Ok, So I loosened up the bolts on the well seal, but it was barely budging. I was able to spin the drop pipe and tee slightly with a pipe wrench after loosening them, but I could not lift it by hand. So I went and grabbed my hi-lift jack, some chain and an old header that was laying in the...
  7. gdomalewski

I cut the intake pipe today and there was a lot of sand and gravel in it. I tried to pull the well and it is not moving. Do I need a hoist or some other special equipment to pull the well? There are 4 bolts on the top of the well, I am assuming that is the well seal. I would guess that that...
  8. gdomalewski

Is the drop line sealed into the well typically? Or should it pull out?
  9. gdomalewski

Anyone? Should I continue to try and clear it by running it? Should I try and run water/air down the well? Should I pull the drop pipe and inspect the foot well or well point?
  10. gdomalewski

I am trying to get an old well pump and well up and running again. I moved in into a 1960s house and the pump had been used for irrigation an unknown number of years ago. The pump is a red jacket 3/4 hp shallow well pump that was missing the shallow well plastic piece but I was able to find a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks