Recent content by Garyt

1. G

Water Hammer - Shallow Well Suction Line

Bob, I tried the easiest fix first, which was to put a water hammer arrestor in the suction line at the well. This worked very well for about 6 cycles and then the arrestor failed. I guess it couldn't stand the vacuum. I then put a check valve in the suction line at the pump and that seems to be...
  2. G

When you say put a check valve in front of pump, do you mean on the suction side or the pressure side? I would try and change the foot valve, but it is down in a well pit and not easy to do. What would be a good foot valve to use if I decide to try that? Thanks for your help.
  3. G

It was a brass valve, but I don't know the name. There are no other valves in the line. The line consists of a foot valve at the end of a rigid plastic pipe that is connected to about 40' of 1" flex plastic pipe that goes under ground to my basement. This line is then connected to about 40' of...
  4. G

The foot valve is not very old, maybe 4 years, and I was getting the plastic pipe slap when it was new. The Hydra-Rester is the name of the Sioux Chief Water Hammer Arrester. My problem seems to be when the copper pipe goes from being under suction to being under pressure after the pump stops.
  5. G

I have a shallow well pump in my basement that was previously connected to the well with about 80 feet of 1" plastic pipe. I recently replaced about 30' of this plastic pipe in the basement with 1" rigid copper to get it up off the floor. I now have a very loud and sharp water hammer when the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks