Recent content by EvaE1izabeth

1. EvaE1izabeth

Tried to replace flush valve, now toilet is running

I turned the water off last night so just now I turned it back on to see about the tube. Based on my hazy memory, I thought the tube was running just a little bit of a drip all of the time, but then after a while it hit the overflow because I vaguely remember the tank emptying. Right now it...
  2. EvaE1izabeth

The gasket didn’t seem to be compressed properly, but I think I misunderstood how it’s supposed to compress. I thought it was supposed to sort of press itself inside the hole between the bowl and the tank. But it really just rests in between? The gasket from the Korky kit that was the standard...
  3. EvaE1izabeth

Yes, I definitely did more than I had to. I just needed to replace the flush valve, the only reason I did the whole kit is because I followed the instructions without reading ahead and in the beginning they have you completely disassemble the tank from the bowl assuming you’re using the whole...
  4. EvaE1izabeth

I was determined to fix the toilet in my kids bathroom this weekend. It is a new construction Gerber toilet that is only a year old. I used the online tool at Korky to enter the model number from the tank. I intended to only replace the flush valve with the Korky, but my local hardware store...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks