Recent content by Eric H.

1. Eric H.

Delta 17T valve (w/ volume control) vs Tankless DHW

Might not be scientific but it is one more data point then I had when I started yesterday :-) Thanks!
  2. Eric H.

@Tuttles Revenge asked "who actually would use a tub filler or shower at a trickle?" Well... for the tub it's nice to 'top off' with a bit of hot water now and again for long soaking baths. In our current house we do that by running the water very slowly. But with the tankless that might mean...
  3. Eric H.

What's in a name.... Bathroom

@wwhitney -- Thanks for pointing me to the IMC (which I did not have access to at the time). At least this gives me a solid definition upon which to start a discussion with the builder/inspector/etc. They might or might agree but it is a good place to start the discussion. Thanks all!
  4. Eric H.

Hi all... homeowner here - I've got a new home being designed -- I was planning for Delta 17T valves for the soaking tub and large shower because I like having independent volume control valves along with thermostatic balance. I guess Moen (and others) have something similar but the Delta sets...
  5. Eric H.

@Terry - Thanks for the link. I guess when I consider a powder room it normally also has a toilet... so I can see why you would want ventilation. But for a compartment that just contains the sink (or even 2 sinks) it just seems to be a waste. Oh well... I will keep looking. It's interesting...
  6. Eric H.

I know this question is a bit out of scope for this forum. I was going to post this question on a "mechanical/hvac forum" somewhere but couldn't really find one that seemed to have the same level of activity as this place.
  7. Eric H.

The architect says it has been this way "for many years -- since they first started specifying mechanical ventilation requirements for bathrooms". But I don't know how much of this is based on his own interpretation/ his experience with certain inspectors versus it actually specifying this as a...
  8. Eric H.

DIYer here... in the middle stages of designing a custom home in Auburn WA. I know that the local inspector will have the final word but wanted some other perspectives. Q: What exactly is a bathroom? Specifically - our new home design (and our current home) utilize a master "bathroom" where...
  9. Eric H.

Water service line - routing between meter and house

DIYer here... in the middle stages of designing a custom home in Auburn WA. The city ordinances/engineering details are silent on the water service line between the meter and the house. I know that the local inspector will have the final word but wanted to understand some likely code...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks