Recent content by ElHead

1. ElHead

Vintage Sunbeam Gravity Furnace parts?

It’s dead, Jim. But thanks for the advice. Several of the burner heads are too warped and as seen one of the fins snapped off with hardly any effort. Medusa gave us and a couple generations of families many years of warmth and protection. RIP
  2. ElHead

Vintage Sunbeam Gravity Furnace parts?

My 100 year old furnace started bumping this year. I think I see why. Is there any chance I can find parts or a person to repair it till I can afford a new heater?
  3. ElHead

Tub floods into shower

Success, NO FLOODING! Thanks again!
  4. ElHead

Tub floods into shower

I had no way to cut the vent above the plates so I just took off another 1” at the bottom end and adjusted the rest. It’s all glued in place. Thanks for everyone’s help and advice. Prior to this project I would end up here on different occasions for all manner of plumbing and fixture...
  5. ElHead

Tub floods into shower

Thank you Wayne, I misunderstood you. Now I understand.
  6. ElHead

Tub floods into shower

Wayne, there are a few obstructions to navigate above the double top plate. I guess the upside would be not needing extra hangers to support the pipe
  7. ElHead

Tub floods into shower

Thank you Wayne. "If it's worth the trouble" is the key! But you've described the combination perfectly and thank you for that. I'll do some measuring and give it consideration. It probably doesn't make a lot of difference but all my couplings have hubs. That's the stop in center yes? Or have I...
  8. ElHead

Tub floods into shower

And for the hell of it I just took about an inch off of that vent pipe because it was pretty chewed up. So I got that much closer or more to the joists and subfloor
  9. ElHead

Tub floods into shower

And About 21” from bottom of the shower trap to the subfloor.
  10. ElHead

Tub floods into shower

Like this? For the tub: With a 1/4” slope (according to the bubble level) that puts the very bottom of the p-trap at 24” from the subfloor.
  11. ElHead

Tub floods into shower

Reduce the 1.5 straight and Add a 2” coupling here in the green? I have one and some short 2” scrap
  12. ElHead

Tub floods into shower

Wayne, I do have a slip joint connecting to a brass tailpiece. I thought about getting a trap with a clean out but opted for this configuration instead. Terry, we have a big soaker tub (51/58 gallon) So it is a big dump of water. I should probably add a pipe support to the shower if not...
  13. ElHead

Tub floods into shower

Alright, I’m gluing this together today. Thanks for all your help and advice folks!
  14. ElHead

Tub floods into shower

Thank you and Agreed! That’s why I came here to consult the pros.
  15. ElHead

Tub floods into shower

I still haven’t found and am not convinced there is any blockage that caused the water to come up into the shower pan. Aside from the poorly designed shared trap/vent configuration. But I keep looking. Out of curiosity though, I worked a bit of ABS glue into the cut and it seems to be holding...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks