Recent content by efreilly

1. efreilly

SFR vs. Capacity, and future-proof valve: a dilemma

clarifications, and a proposed water softener system Apparently, I do use much less water than normal -- less than 30 gal/person/day per my water bill. That's the point. Yes, it regenerates based on gallons used, but gallons used is time-sensitive -- the more time goes by, the more gallons...
  2. efreilly

Why is the 5000 not a popular valve? Is there a known problem(s) with it? The Fleck 7000 specs seems a little overkill for what I need, though the price is similar to the 5000. I am worried that the 5600 could be underpowered for what I might do in the future. Is there any problem with...
  3. efreilly

Each and every fixture, not much. But we're all at home at the same time, we get ready for school and work at about the same time, and the chance of overlap is high. That's why I'm thinking I should shoot for the 16gpm ballpark rather than the 24gpm ballpark. We already have instances of...
  4. efreilly

Hello all. I apologize in advance for posting yet another water softener sizing thread, but I have a dilemma I can't quite wrap my mind around. It mainly stems from the fact that both the SFR and the softening capacity are both proportional to the volume of resin. Here is the problem: White...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks