Recent content by edshuck

1. E

spud and spud washer questions.

If you google "spud and spud washer" this thread is NUMBER 1. ed
  2. E

thanks HJ I have been working with a two inch spud gasket that is "stepped", one O.D. that is slightly less than the outermost. The problem presented is that the spud needs to remain straight. Not tilting to one side or the other, not tilting up or down. This alignment seems essential...
  3. E

Thanks for the reply. And thanks to all those who both replied and viewed. My problem is getting the washer over the stub and into that darn porcelain hole. i think I will be ok once I do that. I am being VERY cautious with the pressure on the nut. Leaks No leaks. I had one when I...
  4. E

OK, got three photos. This might exceed the allowed bit size. If it does, I will do some more reduction. The photos are wc1 showing the spud hole, spud1 and spud2 which show that the spud is little more than a piece of threased cast brass with a couple of "ears" at a non threaded end...
  5. E

I replaced the internal workings of the tank, including the flush valve. I have, at one time during this trek, mounted the tank, with the el in place and the only leak is from the spud. I did cut the new el. One dimension was perfect but the other was long. The compression fittings worked...
  6. E

Are there practices used when putting on the washer? I have tried two rubber washers and with no success. Both of these were the standard 2" with a step design,sharing a common id but with a smaller od for the innermost part and a larger od toward the lock nut. The washers were identical...
  7. E

Oh, boy. Where to begin. The tank is wall mount, the toilet is floor mount and the two "were" connected by a 2" elbow. The brand is N O Nelson of St Louis. (they moved to someplace in Ill back in 1888 and began to concentrate on fire hydrant products. We needed to do some work with...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks