Recent content by E.M.

1. E.M.

Can laundry box drain be used as cleanout?

No AAV. Solid vent going up. This is where the cleanout would be needed, I'm sure.
  2. E.M.

Thanks James. Your answer is using the small diameter snake going down the standpipe, correct? I've had a washing machine in my house for 35 years and I've never had anything clogging up the trap but I've always had it exposed with a cleanout in the bottom. Switching over to a laundry box with...
  3. E.M.

I consider it an honour "NEVER" having to snake a drain. It speaks to both my craftsmanship and cleanliness!! I thought I was clear that I see going down the standpipe as a problem. Sorry if it wasn't. How about the second question: how is trap cleaned if the clog is there and the cleanout is...
  4. E.M.

Probably viewed 100+ photos of laundry box installations and for as many as I have seen where a cleanout is installed on the vent above the washing machine drain pipe tee going into the drain, there are as many that don't show any cleanout at all. Is a cleanout needed or can you snake the drain...
  5. E.M.

Code for a washer in Canada. Help me win (or lose) a bet.

I moved my laundry room to the basement on or about 1999-2000. The house was built in 1985. Does anyone know the size requirement of a washing machine standpipe at that time (1999/2000)? I searched the Ontario Building Code changes and the closest to that time period was O. Reg. 403/97 (1997...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks