Recent content by Dzakich

1. Dzakich

How to hand-bend 5/8" OD hard copper tube

Looking at various resources, I keep noticing that hand mandrel benders are only good for soft (coiled) copper tubing. For my project I need to get a new geometry with 5/8" OD tubing. This this possible or should I just use a series of fittings? Thank you
  2. Dzakich

Laundy/Utility Sink Wet Venting

Thanks as always, Wayne.
  3. Dzakich

Hello Reach. This is actually not a laundry sink but a utility sink in the garage. It is out of physical reach as indicated on my picture from before
  4. Dzakich

Hello Wayne, I am now thinking about deprecating the utility sink and its drain to just have washing machine stack and vent pipe - that's all. What is the best way to go about removing the bottom san tee from the drain that's in the concrete slab? Can I cut the sink drain and cap it (as shown on...
  5. Dzakich

Thanks Wayne. I'll talk to my plumber to discuss out path forward. I'll update once we wrap up the plumbing. Stay safe. Stas
  6. Dzakich

Thanks for fantastic details. Your description makes sense to me. Based off your description about reversing the wet venting order and max runs for given drain diameters, does Option B (attached) satisfy the code requirements? - Utility sink drain is enlarged to 2" to allow for a max run of up...
  7. Dzakich

I've read throughout that wet venting is not allowed under any circumstances for a laundry group (only for bathroom groups). Washer must have a dedicated venting and it is illegal to have 2" laundry wet vent the utility sink.
  8. Dzakich

Hello Wayne. I am attaching the image of the current setup to include the utility sink in the garage. Sorry the confusion in the title. The utility sink p-trap entry ~ 52 in. away from the lower san-tee. Utility sink and washer machine standpipe share 1.5in atmospheric vent pipe. See the image...
  9. Dzakich

Sorry, I am still trying to read through your message and understand the best way to go about this.:)
  10. Dzakich

Hello Wayne, and thank you for the reply. The _current_ sizes are as follows: - Washer Standpipe is 1.5" - Vent pipe 1.5" - Utility sink drain 1.5" Lower san-tee that's coming from the concrete slab is 2" x 2" x 1.5" (1.5" is side-entry arm (going to the right is the current utility sink drain...
  11. Dzakich

Hello, I am redoing the laundry area in my 1967 home. Currently there is a 1.5 inch laundry stack that I will be changing to 2" to accommodate the new washer capacity. I have an original utility sink in the garage that (looks like) wet vents the washer. My plumber says that in the current...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks