Recent content by DuaneK

1. DuaneK

General advice for possible future addition

Perhaps you would consider that the thread title was posted to a forum titled "Plumbing Forum, Professional and DIY Advice" I apologize for assuming that most people would anticipate a plumbing question in the plumbing forum. If your interested in flaming people for being off topic you should...
  2. DuaneK

General advice for possible future addition

I'm doing a minor bath remodel on our late 1950's 1000 sqft bungalow. New tile and fixtures, a couple minor supply line moves. BTW I would have never known about TOTO toilets unless I came here, glad I know now. Anyways my question is about something we might do in the future. Adding an...
  3. DuaneK

Question on rough in for Moen shower/tub valve

I was always under the impression that pipe size was ID and OD was determined by wall thickness. I guess pipes (PEX) are now like lumber where you need to figure out if it is a 4" board at 3.5" or a 10" board at 9.25". Makes me so frustrated sometimes, I work in precision metrology measuring...
  4. DuaneK

The valve was delivered today and I figured out how to remove the cartridge, not scared anymore! It is just a chunk of brass now, I'll just do it all in copper. Thanks
  5. DuaneK

So since I need to run some copper anyways. Would I see much improvement in shower flow if did it all in copper? Also any harm (besides cost) of using an NPT female to socket on the 4 valve ports. I'm a little scared to sweat so close, not sure why I've done plenty of joints the past. Just...
  6. DuaneK

Thanks, that makes sense. Only a few feet of atmosphere keeping the water going out the right pipe. I think the ID of PEX is the same a copper, but the fittings do have a smaller ID. A short fitting distance of smaller ID is not adding much restriction under pressure, but this situation is...
  7. DuaneK

I will soon be installing a new Moen valve for our shower/tub. The instructions for a PEX install show the down pipe as a copper sweat joint and the other three as PEX. I'm not sure why they show this. The Spigot for the tub is a thread on. It would be easier for me if I could use a PEX to...
  8. DuaneK

Help understanding NPS vs NPT connections for shower head and diverter

Thank you for taking the time to help me! I think I know what I need to do now.
  9. DuaneK

To go another step because I prefer the diverter closer to the wall. If I had a short NPT nipple that just passed the trim ring. Then I went to the diverter. I would just need a female/female NPT coupler to transition to the shower arm. If I can find a coupler in brushed nickel?
  10. DuaneK

That was fast Terry thanks, So just to make sure I understand an NPSF can connect to a NPSM or NPTM. Again if they are outside the wall .
  11. DuaneK

I'm planning a bathroom tub/shower update and I can't figure out why thread types change and how to deal with it correctly. My question is about a Moen diverter valve that connects to the shower head pipe. By the spec sheet it has an NPT on one side and NPS on two sides. From the picture on...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks