Recent content by Druid

1. Druid

Concrete Box Drainage

It sounds like what they call a catch basin but it could be a dry well/French drain. Usually a catch basin has anoutlet pipe about 6 inches off the bottom that allows water to drain away. Sediments would accumulate at the bottom of the basin to prevent the outlet pipe from clogging and would be...
  2. Druid

Sediment Filter for well water.

If something is corroding brass fittings and clogging aerators where they would need to be replaced, I don't think you're going to fix it with a filter.
  3. Druid

Finding source of smell in bathroom

Can the engineer check the bathrooms above and below you? Can they do a smoke test? Did you check where the p-trap goes into the wall? I've had an unglued vent in the wall cause a terrible smell once that was really hard to find. Is there a clean out somewhere that was recently opened on...
  4. Druid

5810 XTR2 for self install

I'm looking for a 5810 XTR2 1.5 cuft for a self-install in NY state. Also interested in the software to interface with the USB if possible. Thx!
  5. Druid

Help with water treatment system

How does the purge work on those MixMaster tanks? Are you only able to purge the bottom chamber? And is the Clack tank in your catalog different than a mixer inside a tank?
  6. Druid

Thx everyone! Bannerman, Attached is the fleck valve on my current carbon filter. Not sure if it makes sense to re-use it on a larger tank even if it would work. Unless your guys could guide me through what to use for a basket, tank, media etc to assemble a filter from scratch. Reach, I used...
  7. Druid

Thx for the reply! I measured the carbon filter tank and it's closer to 10x54. It's packed with this gravel and this carbon and has a mechanical fleck valve with a 1" yoke. Would that tank handle more carbon or would I need a larger one? Would you recommend different media?
  8. Druid

First, I'd like to thank everyone for all the info on this site. It's been very helpful over the years.. Hoping to get some help with a water treatment system. We don't drink the water but we brush our teeth with it and would like to be able to use it for cooking. I built my home 20 years...
  9. Druid

Water softener sizing chart?

https://web.archive.org/web/20150206001843/http://www.qualitywaterassociates.com/softeners/sizingchart.htm
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks