Recent content by DogBytesMan

1. DogBytesMan

Federal Pacific breaker question

Hi WorthFlorida, thanks for the info! The old stove was hard-wired in, so I ran new wire to the new stove and hard-wired it in as well. Once we get the remodel started we'll be using an electrical contractor for all the re-wiring. I will take a look and see if I have a 30 or 35 amp breaker...
  2. DogBytesMan

Thank you, Stuff! I will try that right now! Brad
  3. DogBytesMan

Well, I guess now I will be admitting my electrical shortcomings.....*sigh* Can anyone recommend a good online calculator for finding out my load calculation on my breaker box? I have the total number of amps as listed per breaker, just trying to figure out what the "safe" maximum is. Thanks...
  4. DogBytesMan

Hi bgard, thanks for replying! I think you may be correct regarding the box I purchased -- there are 13 removed "tabs" out of 20 spots total, so that makes sense. I am still confused though why none of the "tabs" are removed from my box. I apologize but am confused about the buss bar...
  5. DogBytesMan

Hoping someone can answer these questions....thank you in advance! We moved to an old house just recently. I've done enough research here to get the picture that our Federal Pacific breaker box has to go. And it will....we are remodeling and adding onto the home, so we're going to have the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks