Recent content by DoctorPepper

1. DoctorPepper

Recirculation Pump on Rinnai RU199en

Just saw a video where the installer explains, "It’s a bypass for when the thermal bypass valve closes. The hot water needs to go somewhere so it’s directed into the cold side of the tankless." Still confused . . .
  2. DoctorPepper

The mystery abounds . . . But thanks again, John, I really appreciate your input!
  3. DoctorPepper

Thanks again! Your thoughts on the braided line? I have a mental block with that? I can't imagine how that line comes into play with all this? The cooled water from the hot line goes back into the cold supply through the check valve and hot water goes back into the hot lines like normal. So what...
  4. DoctorPepper

Great, thank you! So just the 3/4" line and the check valve—those are the only components needed for the dedicated line?
  5. DoctorPepper

So I got my external tankless installed and the water heater out of the attic. So far, so good—very pleased with its performance. However, when I bought the unit (RU199en w/ "Circ-Logic"), I also bought a recirculation pump—the GTK03. I couldn't get that to work; I installed it with a crossover...
  6. DoctorPepper

Rinnai Tankless

That’s a good question, I’ll have to get a read on it first. But I’ll probably just end up running black pipe. Once I’m through the wall it will only be two 90s. The rest is a straight shot. Thanks again!
  7. DoctorPepper

Rinnai Tankless

One other question for the thread. I’ve read mixed comments about flex pipe vs black pipe. I’m assuming the 20-foot run should be black pipe? I’m working in a crawl space, so flex pipe would be a little more forgiving, but if it creates other issues I’ll just tough it out with the iron. Thoughts?
  8. DoctorPepper

Rinnai Tankless

The 1” run will be about 20 feet and will have 3 or 4 90s coming directly off the 1” line off the meter.
  9. DoctorPepper

Rinnai Tankless

Thanks Jeff! So run the 1-inch line to the stub out, then 3/4 from the stub out to the tankless?
  10. DoctorPepper

Rinnai Tankless

Hey there, new to the forum here. I just ordered a Rinnai RU199en and it seems I’m going to need to run a new 1-inch line to it. The Rinnai has a 3/4 inch fitting for the gas line; would I just use a 1-inch reducing coupling at the point of entry? Or can I run the 1-inch line to the wall where...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks