Recent content by DIYorBust

1. DIYorBust

1/2 " Brass Nipple - Slip or Sharkbite?

Well I'm late to this party, but a TP fitting would have probably saved you the drywall work: https://www.mrsupply.com/approved-vendor-1-2-threadless-pipe-x-copper-adapter-cftp12.html
  2. DIYorBust

Hot and Cold line crossed somewhere

Turn off the main hot water supply at the water heater. Open a hot water tap. You might need to disconnect a hot water supply line and put it in a bucket if you have only mixing taps at your fixtures to be sure. Is water coming out?
  3. DIYorBust

UK Faucet in a US bathroom

A single hole 2 handle lav faucet with pop-up waste is what we needed for this project. While a perrin and rowe and a zuchetti faucet were identified they were in the 500-1000 dollar range and had a long ship time. Enter the Bristan R BAS C Regency...
  4. DIYorBust

Copper dishwasher supply line?

3/8th OD Refrigeration tubing seems to be commonly sold with half the wall thickness of type L.
  5. DIYorBust

Actually following up, I see terry said the following in 2019: It sounds like that may be 1/4" ID type L soft copper? I just checked the specs, and that would seem to have a 3/8" OD. I think the difference is that the wall would be thicker, but it would not fill the dishwasher as fast...
  6. DIYorBust

Thanks Mr. Young. That seemed like it made sense, although another thread suggested that they were thinner walled than type M or L copper used for underground supplies. I guess it's good enough for a dishwasher supply.
  7. DIYorBust

I need to replace a copper supply line for a dishwasher, the supply stop valve is 3/8th compression. However I noticed when I went to order the soft copper tubing, the 3/8th inch OD is labeled for refrigeration, utility, or oil. Are these suitable for use in a dishwasher application, or is there...
  8. DIYorBust

See you later, not goodbye!

Terry, you will be missed. You and your forum have been made it possible to learn to safely and correctly learn the basics of plumbing for DIYers and aspiring pros alike. Thank you so much, and your inspiration will not be forgotten.
  9. DIYorBust

Toto "330" Valve Fills Bowl, not Tank and Runs

Cool, thanks for the help! Everything seems to be working great now.
  10. DIYorBust

Thanks Terry! I went ahead and installed the 528MP, the toto 330 went in the trash. Now I noticed the little black valve on the 528MP that controls the portion of water directed to the bowl is leaking. It's not really an immediate problem because it leaks into the tank, but I could imagine it...
  11. DIYorBust

Thanks Terry, in my basement inventory I find I have a Korky 528MP. Any concerns about this options? Thanks, DIY
  12. DIYorBust

Hi Folks, I have a promenade e-max I installed maybe 2 or 3 years ago. Recently we noticed it has been running occasionally, but frequently enough to be a problem. I went to check it out, and assumed the flush tower(ie the fancy replacement for the flapper assembly) was to blame. However upon...
  13. DIYorBust

UPDATE: Gas boiler Carbon Monoxide problems after minisplit installation. Opinions needed!

I would be very worried about this situation. Since you already called several pros, here are some actions that I might contemplate in your shoes: 1) Call your fire dept to investigate. 2) Hire an HVAC engineer to evaluate the situation. 3) Install a direct vent boiler, or retire the system and...
  14. DIYorBust

3-handle shower valve tailpiece

I've got this, is it the right stuff?
  15. DIYorBust

3-handle shower valve tailpiece

Thanks gentleman. Is there any concern about using antiseize on the mating surface in a potable water application? Would it work better than megaloc? On the Union threads I do have a copper antiseize I got for working with electrical conduits once. Do you think the antiseize on the threads...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks