Recent content by Diyh2o

1. D

Replacing Fleck 5810 control valves with different model or the whole package?

As long as you go fleck or clack, might be others, can’t imagine not being able to find someone to support or service it. Mine is a fleck system, down to the brine tank. Purchased online and that is another story. You can save quite a bit, but service is on you. Over the phone if you are...
  2. D

Replacing Fleck 5810 control valves with different model or the whole package?

Not an expert, but my Fleck 9000 went about 19 years, just replaced with a Fleck 9100SXT. The single tank version is the 5600SXT, have not heard bad things and easy to service. I believe the equivalent of what you have is the 5800. If on municipal water, chlorine can take the seals out sooner...
  3. D

Newb - is my brine tank too small

I’m going to monitor for a bit and worse case, swap to the larger tank. Thanks for the input.
  4. D

Yes, maxed out as far as it can go without hitting the support - old Softner had a 2310, this is seems to be the economy version from fleck. Guess I’m concerned if the water level went up a bit, like a pressure fluctuation, currently at 60, and it trips the safety - will the brine draw still...
  5. D

Thanks. That’s where I’m at. I have the grid guard, too. My old tank was 18x33, but slightly larger softener. Might just put a new safety float and put it back into service. I did some more digging and it appears some places, by default, use the next size up tank (15x17), with the 18x33 as...
  6. D

Curiosity - why did it fail

Thanks reach4 and Bannerman. Old system is decommissioned. My post is pending on my other thread regarding brine issue on new system. Admin approval pending since I’m new or already in jail. Appreciate any guidance. Post in thread 'Newb - is my brine tank too small'...
  7. D

Did not seem to be corrosion in the lower like I’ve read about on here, but maybe I missed something. It did run a long time. Thank you
  8. D

Had a Fleck 9000 64K System. It failed, due to seals. In hindisght, maybe should have rebuilt sooner - it was nearing 20 years of use in a home. Old school metal head - took a bit to rework it - the seals were stuck good. Got it apart and cleaned up. Working great! Or so I thought. About...
  9. D

It did not but the dealer claimed it was. Test did not go well. Float is a floating in the brine well.
  10. D

Well, it’s not fixed. I purchased the new unit and installed. Dealer claims this is THE tank that has been used for 20 years with a 48k unit. Also indicated that I need a 10 min BF cycle, 5 gallons. Upon doing a bucket test, I get a full 4.5 gallons out of a 8 minute cycle. I have Softner...
  11. D

This did not resolve the issue… Figured it out. A bit embarrassing. I transferred salt from old brine tank, I mean salt is salt, right? Well no. I got to clean this new tank out. Apparently when I transferred too much ‘slurry’ into the new, smaller brine tank. Empty, rinse and some fresh...
  12. D

Had a larger softener, fleck 9000 - 64k. It was 20+ years old and had some valve issues, so replaced due to cost of parts. Replaced with new Fleck 9100 SXT - 48k grain. I was told the 64k unit was overkill. Issue: on first regen, the float stopped the brine cycle. Went into advanced menu...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks