Recent content by diydad

1. diydad

Toilet Shims

Update: Contacted Cheviot(importer for the Celite) and they confirmed that the bowls on these can and have been unlevel. Suggested a light sand on protuding ridges and if that doesn't fix it, replacement will be shipped out So, now what to use on a porcalin ridge to reduce it's height??? thanks j
  2. diydad

Toilet Shims

As i suspected the floor is absolutely level. Front to back and left to right. The Celite commode has a set of ridges on the bottom from the mold. The right side(the side that is high) is higher than the outside edge(the part that is visible) That is what is causing the toilet to be unlevel. Can...
  3. diydad

Toilet Shims

Thanks everyone. To answer a few questions. The wax ring installed has no plastic flange in it...just a plain wax ring. Yes the flange is mounted to the finished floor with #12 stainless screws(checked interference with a spare flange I had, there is roughly 5/8" inch aound the horn and the...
  4. diydad

Toilet Shims

Hey there. So just installed a commode and it appears to be really unlevel. eighth of an inch front to back and a quarter inch left to right(some Brazilian made vintage stuff my wife loved...Celite I think) Anyways, I bought some plastic shims at HD and they work but even after the toilet is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks