Recent content by dietz31684

1. dietz31684

Move away from oil?

Hi, sorry, I dont have a video. It is quiet though. A bit louder than my fridge but quiter than my dehumidifier which is a new enegerystar model. It's located directly below my eat in dining area and you can't hear it at all...I've tried to listen for it and can't detect it whatsoever on my...
  2. dietz31684

Move away from oil?

I just wanted to follow up a few months later. Installation went fine with no problems. I didn't end up installing a tempering valve, figured it is easy enough to install if I need to crank the temperature. I have it set at 120 degrees on heat pump only mode and it is working great! We have...
  3. dietz31684

Move away from oil?

I will be using the copper crimp rings since I have that tool already. I plan to sweat a 3/4 copper to 3/4" PEX onto the existing copper and go PEX from there to the WH. I like the product in the first link you provided with the PEX barb on the one end. I think those will provide the cleanest...
  4. dietz31684

Move away from oil?

Great, thanks for your reply. I plan to use my existing copper line for the T/P drain. I am planning on using Apollo or SharkBite brand (whatever is at HD) 3/4" pex. I'm going to just go straight to PEX, especially this what the MFG calls for. I'm not too worried about the water temperature...
  5. dietz31684

Move away from oil?

I am ordering the mixer valve and parts to install today. I have another question. The HPWH has the hot and cold hookups on the side located a few feet apart from each other. If I'm interpreting the building code correctly, I should have some type of metal pipe connecting the cold water...
  6. dietz31684

Move away from oil?

Great, thanks again for the help everyone! You are correct, the kids are 2.5 years and 8 weeks so I'll likely be replacing the tank right around the time my oldest hits teenage years. :)
  7. dietz31684

Move away from oil?

Also, I just looked at thermostatic mixing valves. Anyone have experience with these? Looks like a way for me to set my water tank to 140 degrees and get ~120 degree water out of the tap extending the "hot water capacity" of one tank. That would give me a bit more capacity in the morning...
  8. dietz31684

Move away from oil?

The oil furnace is forced air, so indirect water heater isn't an option (as far as I understand at least). The furnace is relatively new, I think ~2008? We bought the house 3 years ago. It would be nice to have one less oil burner to service (assuming I ditch the oil WH) and once I run the...
  9. dietz31684

Move away from oil?

I currently have a 30 gallon Therma Flow water heater that is rusting from the bottom, where the bottom of the tank is riveted to the sidewalls. The setup is direct oil fired with a Beckett burner. My plan was simply to swap the tank and move on with life. I started looking around and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks