Recent content by diesel_farmer

1. diesel_farmer

Boiler for Radiant in ICF

Update -- the Manual J calculations were performed using Wrightsoft software (by a very nice/professional fellow in Colorado) based on characteristics specific to Peoria, Illinois, while factoring in my specific floor plan dimensions of 2594 square feet on a concrete slab with no basement, ICF...
  2. diesel_farmer

Dana -- Thanks for the thoughtful comments. I will search out an "energy nerd" for Manual-J calculations. AC -- I am planning to install a high efficiency forced air unit with duct work - with probably a 14 or 16 seer rating. I have looked at the ducted and ductless mini-splits, but have...
  3. diesel_farmer

I am building a 2600 square foot ICF home in zone 5 (central Illinois) on a concrete slab with Anderson 400 series windows and with 3" of XPS in the slab -- so it will be fairly well insulated. I had a local HVAC contractor provide a heat loss calculation of 45k btu, which I am not certain of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks