Recent content by DFWNTX

1. DFWNTX

Valve, station question

I'm back again! Actually I have been busy with other things, but since being on here last I found the station 7, 8 and 9 valve boxes! I used a copper grounding rod I had and figured the boxes had to be near the stations they control and after about 20 minutes of dropping the rod into the...
  2. DFWNTX

Valve, station question

Direct bury outdoor wire is what I am thinking.
  3. DFWNTX

Valve, station question

There are 10 or 12 different colored wires in insulation, probably 1/4" in diameter and it goes from the controller to the valve boxes in numerical and color code order, so the pink wire is in every box until it reaches its valve, #9. The wiring stops at the last two valve boxes I found a...
  4. DFWNTX

Valve, station question

If I don't get any voltage at the valve, I will back trace it to prior valve boxes inline and test it at each point. All the station wires are in the same sleeve, so it could be possible of a bad connection in a valve box. Since it is only one dead valve I'm leaning towards a bad solenoid.
  5. DFWNTX

Valve, station question

I did the manual test last evening on the 3 valves and they all open, the number 9 station is as I thought, the narrow driveway side, plus along the fence at the end of the driveway by the house, about 9 heads total. I just need to test it now and find out why it doesn't come on with the...
  6. DFWNTX

Valve, station question

After trying everything but renting the line tone generator, I actually got lucky using a 4 foot copper grounding rod, probing the backyard where common sense would say the valve box should be, near the stations they control. I found two valve boxes side by side on the east side of my backyard...
  7. DFWNTX

Valve, station question

Thank you for the reply! I will definitely check into this device. There are some places on this side of the Metroplex I can call on. I don't see any reason to not think I don't have a 9th station since it is wired to the controller, if not, I see no reason to connect the wire. I have also...
  8. DFWNTX

Valve, station question

Hello everyone, I recently purchased a home with a sprinkler system, builder installed in 2006. I had a couple of minor repairs to do with bad heads and the like. My question is, I have 9 zones wired in the Rainbird ESP Modular controller, but only 8 operate, being there are 9 wired, should I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks