Recent content by CyberScooby

1. CyberScooby

Basement drain clogged?

Never mind, I got the help I needed on another forum.
  2. CyberScooby

Basement drain clogged?

So I guess no one knows what that Y pipe is. I could try to get a better picture but this site only allows for very tiny ones. Perhaps I could do a closeup of any parts that people want to see better. Also do you have any tips on getting into the drain? It is 2 feet down (4" pipe) and then a...
  3. CyberScooby

Basement drain clogged?

First a little background - We live in a house that is approximately 130 years old. The basement contains 3 "drains" and an unused cistern that is no longer hooked up to anything. One of the drains was doing nothing when we took on a bit of water a few years ago in the one corner of our...
  4. CyberScooby

Aircheck ball won't float

Thank you so much Reach4! I had read (before posting here) about putting some citric acid in the brine tank to clean things out. Read up on bleach beforehand and found out that citric acid + bleach is a deadly combo (chlorine gas which destroys lungs) so instead of using bleach I just put more...
  5. CyberScooby

Ok I have had partial success. After a bunch of fiddling around with things I can now manually regenerate the softener but the aircheck ball gets stuck at the end of the brine draw every time. Very strange how this didn't start happening until I cleaned out the system and did a partial manual...
  6. CyberScooby

Thank you so much for your quick response Reach4! I know the bleach should all get purged out of the system, but I was still hesitant to try that trick. So instead I did tried a hammer as you suggested. It made the ball dance around pretty good (seemed to be stuck down on the one side) but...
  7. CyberScooby

I have an Autotrol 460mp based water softener. Recently I noticed that it had stopped drawing water from the brine tank as it was overflowing. After a ton of online research I have managed to resolve this but now the aircheck ball is "stuck" at the bottom of the plastic cylinder. If needed...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks