Recent content by cwooden82

1. cwooden82

Toto slow close seat VS Bemis slow close seat for Toto Promenade

I bought a Bemis soft close with the easy off latches for my Toto Drake II and am very happy with it. It was less expensive than the Toto seat and I like the seat design better. The easy off latches have been a godsend when it comes to cleaning - just pop it off, spray with cleaner and rinse off...
  2. cwooden82

Best Kohler Toilet for 2011

Excellent choice. I replaced a very old toilet (it had 4 floor bolts and used at least 3 gallons) with the elongated ADA Drake II with Sanigloss. With the old one it was a game of will it or won't it flush - the "floaters" would disappear only to pop back up necessitating another flush or two...
  3. cwooden82

Toto Seat - No Love

When I bought my Drake II I got a Bemis soft close easy- off seat - the only way to go! The boys aim has improved (esp. after I made them clean up a time or two) but still get some mess. I just turn the latches, pop the seat off,put it in the tub and spray with cleaner. Let it sit while I scrub...
  4. cwooden82

Urine smell coming from toilet

Another culprit could be urine under the seat hinges. On my old toilet no matter how much I scrubbed there was always a smell. When I got my new Toto I bought an easy-off seat - even if the boys are being careful it seems urine always seem to wick up under those hinges - with this seat its easy...
  5. cwooden82

Did Toto change warranty period fro 5 yrs to 1 yr??

This is right off their website: http://www.totousa.com/Support/WarrantyInformation.aspx
  6. cwooden82

Toto Eco-Drake vs Drake II (E-Max vs Double Cyclone??)

I was in the same spot you are a couple of months back, ended up going for the Drake II. Very, Very happy with it, great bowl wash AND flush. Also has the CEFIONTECT finish which the eco-drake did not. Costs a bit more but definitly worth it. (plus it's just so cool to watch)
  7. cwooden82

User review on CST454CEFG 2 piece TOTO Drake II, Gwenyth, Owner comments and pictures

Got a Drake II about a month ago and like you, wanted to make sure to clean it wihtout messing up the finish. This is what I've been using, works great, no nasty brush laying around (comes with a hook to hang the handle out of sight on the tank) and gentle on the finish...
  8. cwooden82

OH my...it's toilet seat dilemma time!

I bought a Bemis soft-close seat with the easy-off hinges for my Toto Drake II and I'm loving it. Absolutly no wobble and with two boys whose aim isn't always what it should be, being able to pop the seat off for a good cleaning is imperative.
  9. cwooden82

Best Cleaner/brush for Toto CEFIONTECT?

The Cadet didn't have a good bowl wash, left pepper on the bowl even after a few flushes - read about some fixes having to do with reaming the holes out with a clothes hanger - no thanks. Don't feel I should have to fix a brand new fixture. The Niagara cleaned the bowl but didn't get rid of all...
  10. cwooden82

Best Cleaner/brush for Toto CEFIONTECT?

Hi - after much reading have decided to buy a Toto Drake II to replace my ancient toilet (house built in '55, I think it's the original - has 4 bolts instead of 2) At first was going to cheap out - $ being pretty tight- and get a cadet or a Niagara. They had both of these installed in the ladies...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks