Recent content by Coocoo1012

1. Coocoo1012

Relocate tub in condo no access from below

Unfortunately, we didn't think about all this ahead of time. I thought the plumber was an expert and was relying on him but apparently too late we realized this is their experiment. I did think about creating some notches on the porcelain, but then we realized that by doing that we will weaken...
  2. Coocoo1012

Ok.... Now I'm really lost but I do want to thank you both for your patience. Terry, I'm going to think that your first response is the one I need to follow. So I guess normal silicone blobs at each of the legs should be enough. BTW, I think the acrylic is not really that strong and doesn't do...
  3. Coocoo1012

Well, Terry and Reach, Thanks again. I suppose that is an option but that is not the look wanted. I don't see caulking around any of the modern freestanding tubs with rounded bottom rims. I have looked in more than enough magazines and I don't see that. Yes, one could do that for toilets, but...
  4. Coocoo1012

Thank you REach4. I think this guy said about 1/8' from the floor.
  5. Coocoo1012

Terry, thank you. Well, no. I did that so I could touch the rim there to see how leg will need to be attached. Supposedly the platform is level.
  6. Coocoo1012

Current status of the tub with the platform and the leg. Will a blob of silicone at each leg be enough to hold the tub in place?
  7. Coocoo1012

Terry and Forum, I'm back here. I really need you guys. Please help if you can. My tub is going to be located on top of a tiled wooden platform. My contractor says that the acrylic freestanding tub I bought needs to be supported by 4 adjustable legs and nothing else. The tub is a Piatti...
  8. Coocoo1012

Terry, Thank you so much for replying. I agree with you regarding the freestanding tubs with claws. I was thinking more of a contemporary type and my preference would be placing the tub filler valves wall mounted. Are you saying that the underneath of the tub raised platform will need to be...
  9. Coocoo1012

Here is a sketch with my idea. Thank you for your consideration...
  10. Coocoo1012

First time here. Any help will be appreciated. live in a condo and I cannot access the apartment below. My current tub is oval shape and I would love to put a free standing or an undermounted tub with a more modern shape and less bulky. I was thinking that perhaps I could create a step and raise...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks