Recent content by compddd

1. compddd

Does scale still occur even with a water softener?

I descaled my electric kettle after we had our new water softener installed thinking I would never need to do it again, but now a couple months later the bottom inside of the kettle looks like this. I’ve tested with Hach 5B multiple times and it turns blue with 0 drops.
  2. compddd

Question about pressure gauge

Is there an easy way to check what PSI my expansion tank is set at?
  3. compddd

I tested by watching the gauge while my wife turned fixtures on and off and it seems you’re correct it spikes when she turns off the fixture. Example: she shuts off the kitchen faucet gently, spiked to 80. Shuts off the faucet quickly and suddenly, spiked to 140. We can hear the recoil as well.
  4. compddd

Back with an update on this. I left the gauge on for a whole day and the red was up to 100 but the black stays at 65. Time to check the expansion tank?
  5. compddd

Should my soft water always feel slippery?

I narrowed it down to the carbon tank and ran two extra cycles but it’s still dripping. What area should I focus on if I take the valve apart and inspect it to fix the dripping?
  6. compddd

I put both units into bypass and I still hear dripping from the drain line, shouldn't that be impossible?
  7. compddd

Ouch so it’s a bad seal or piston? This system is brand new that’s disheartening.
  8. compddd

My softener and carbon tank regenerated at 12am and 2am last night but I hear a trickling sound coming from the drain in the picture, is something wrong or does it take awhile to drain out after backwashing?
  9. compddd

No water was manually added before the 1st regen. Is that ok?
  10. compddd

There is an arrow in there that I can look at? By the way thank you so much for all your help in this thread Reach!
  11. compddd

I just did the dip stick and the water level is 11.5” inside the white housing assembly.
  12. compddd

Yes brine tank is 18”, should I take the cap off the white housing assembly in the brine tank and do the dip stick in there?
  13. compddd

Ok thank you, so should I add more salt? I added four 40 lb bags of Mortons initially, and I've only regenerated twice so far, shouldn't I have used only 16lbs of the 160 lbs I added? Doesn't look like 160 lbs of salt is in there, and the water level seems high since my settings are only...
  14. compddd

I did another manual regeneration and the brine tank looks like this now inside, I can physically see water is that ok?
  15. compddd

The slippery feeling is back and now the Hach 5B test turns blue without any drops. I guess it's done dissolving the old deposits? The house was re-plumbed along with replacing the water heater 3.5 years ago so must not have been much buildup.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks