Recent content by Chris M

1. Chris M

What to do with sewer cleanout

That's a good idea. The basement stairs are on the other side of the wall, so it would be a bit unsightly. It might be worth it though. Thank you for all of your ideas and suggestions. You've giving me lots to think about. Thanks, Chris
  2. Chris M

It's on a slab in the basement, with a pored concrete exterior wall/foundation. An outside clean out wouldn't be trivial. Terry, it looks like you are in my area! If I end up moving forward with this I'll be sure to give you a call. Thanks, Chris
  3. Chris M

Yes, it's in the shower area. Just leaving it there an sealing around it may be my best bet. But, once I get a shower in there, I'm not sure if there will be enough clearance for rodding (I believe the IPC says I need 18" ?). Could I put in a new fitting rotated 90 degrees clockwise, go...
  4. Chris M

Here are some pictures before the demolition. We bought the house several months back. It looks like the previous owner intended to install a shower, but never did.
  5. Chris M

I'm planning how I'd like to remodel this bathroom, but am not sure what to do with the sewer clean out that is in the way. There is a stairwell behind it, and an exterior poured concrete wall to the side. This is in the basement of a 1950s house. What are my options? Moving it seems like a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks