Recent content by Chris B.

1. Chris B.

Bathroom sink drain slope / trap questions

There is an alternative - open the wall.
  2. Chris B.

Moving a Toilet Drain a few inches

Put a 45 further back on the horizontal line? I assume that wall on the left side of the picture is going to be moved? It seems too close to either the back or the side of the toilet.
  3. Chris B.

Wires from Main panael to Subpanel in two separate raceways?

If you took a picture, somebody could provide you with a specific suggestion to solve your problem. If in fact you need to run 1", which you probably don't, a conduit fitting or combination of fittings would probably solve the problem.
  4. Chris B.

Recommendations for a quarter turn angle valve

Wow, I guess I should be happy that I can get these locally. I always try to buy products made in Canada and the US whenever possible.
  5. Chris B.

Should I give the dishwasher its own trap?

Thanks guys, sorry I didn't reply sooner. I'm running a new drain (and vent) in ABS. There will be a single sink and I'll install a dishwasher wye vertically on the fixture outlet. I do have another question: I'm running 2" back to the TY and bringing 1-1/2" through the wall (at 16" O.C...
  6. Chris B.

At one point, I added a dishwasher by wyeing into the horizontal connection between the two sinks. The trap arm into the wall was at a higher elevation than the horizontal connection between the sinks so when I cut the pipe to insert the wye, lots of nasty water gushed out (which, fortunately I...
  7. Chris B.

Hello, I'm helping a relative with her kitchen remodel. I have a question about how to rough in the drain for the dishwasher. Some background: The kitchen previously had a double sink in front of a window and that was it for plumbing. It was all the original copper, 1-1/2" drain, 1-1/4"...
  8. Chris B.

Extend floor joists?

So that's what you do when the framing apprentice cuts one of the ceiling joists too short. I don't think anyone is going to give you a definitive answer because either they don't know or they want to be paid to work out the details. As I see it you have three options: 1. Hire an...
  9. Chris B.

DWV Layout Question

Or have two, and tie them together under the garage floor. (This forum won't let me save edits to my posts).
  10. Chris B.

DWV Layout Question

You can tie the vents together once you are (some distance governed by whatever code you are under, say 6") above the flood level rim of the upstairs lav. Maybe the stack should be on the toilet side of the room.
  11. Chris B.

DWV Layout Question

Use the lavatory drain as a wet vent.
  12. Chris B.

Tiny laundry room & useless bathroom: need suggestions

I don't know what to say, really. I can't imagine why the vents would ever need to be run on the outside of the house in a single-story building. Without knowing what your abilities are and more specifics on what changes you are making to the layout, I can't really add anything else. At some...
  13. Chris B.

Hey suceress, No problem, I have fun coming up with with these layouts. I'm an amateur but I've spent a lot of time planning out my own project. I came up with a new layout based around keeping the toilet in the same place, but turning it around. It also shows the existing walls so it...
  14. Chris B.

It won't let me edit my first post so just let me add that my plans assume that you can remove the walls that enclose the bathroom but it is up to you to find out if that is the case.
  15. Chris B.

This would give you everything you want except now there is no direct access from the bedroom on the left.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks