Recent content by chigundo

1. chigundo

Dishwasher drain hose (how bad is this?)

Well that's not good. Let's say theoretically I'm just a bad artist and that actually IS a p-trap. Would that be okay then?
  2. chigundo

I'll also add that last night I re-installed the new hose and gave it a high loop.. it's still connected to that drain but it's got the loop now, not sure how much that improves anything.
  3. chigundo

it is exactly as I drew.. again though, haven't had any issues.. so why is that? dumb luck? I want it right that's for sure, just want to know what to expect before calling a plumber. What's not shown is under the kitchen sink, there's another p-trap that's connected to a pipe with a air...
  4. chigundo

Where is gas and bacteria coming from if there's a P-trap?
  5. chigundo

The hose was just coiled behind/underneither the dishwasher before heading down.. so there was a horizontal area that had the hole in it where the leak occurred.
  6. chigundo

This is how dishwasher was hooked up since I moved here 5+ years ago, never had any issues. Drain hose developed a crack so I had to replace hose, but before putting everything back together, I want to confirm if this setup is okay.. i feel it's not. Again, haven't had any issues so I...
  7. chigundo

Old shower floor missing grout

I'll pick up some razors and a 1/16" grout removal attachment for my dremel multi-max.. I will tackle this project this weekend. Any particular grout mix that's recommended for this? I won't need much.. but should I avoid anything pre-mixed? Whatever I can pick up at local big box would be...
  8. chigundo

Is there a tool outside of simple grout scrapers that I can find at the hardware store that can get in between these tiles?? Some of these grout lines are just too narrow for a tool it seems.
  9. chigundo

The shower is used daily, yes.. 3 times in fact. It's the only shower. It is possible to time it so that it can be un-used for a couple days if necessary. So far for cleaners it's just really been Tilex.. i tried some oxyclean but that't didn't help either.. Any suggestions?
  10. chigundo

Thanks, Terry. That buys me time. Although 60+ years is probably well beyond the life of the pan.. let's hope it lasts another 60. I'll regrout this weekend. Any tips outside of the standard methods of chiselling out the old grout? This looks like a much harder job with such thin grout...
  11. chigundo

My 1949 shower floor is missing grout, although I've never seen any signs of leakage on the ceiling below... So, couple questions. How the hell is nothing leaking with this much grout missing? Should I make an attempt to clear out the rest of the grout and give it a nice re-grouting or...
  12. chigundo

Slow utility/laundry sink

I'm calling a plumber to fix/snake the drain but I'm also asking if it's best at that time to have the washer set up so it drains into the pipe.
  13. chigundo

Would it also be ideal to set up the washer so it drains directly into the pipe instead of the utility sink? Or for older homes does this not matter? I guess I'd like to have the laundry sink's basin filling up as a warning that it's clogged again.
  14. chigundo

Would the snake get entered into that cleanout access point in the second picture?
  15. chigundo

would snaking a corroded pipe be a bad idea then?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks