Recent content by ChasB

1. ChasB

Heat pump with gas furnace when power is out

Very nice. And thanks for your help!
  2. ChasB

I am planning to use a Reliance Pro/Tran2 transfer switch which I think fits the bill? https://a.co/d/ghr7c5w
  3. ChasB

The gas furnace is the air handler for the heat pump.
  4. ChasB

I don't want to run the heat pump during a power outage, just the gas furnace. I would cut the power to the heat pump, power the furnace with the generator and set the system/thermostat to Emergency mode, which as I understand it is heat from the furnace only. My only concern is getting heat...
  5. ChasB

I recently had a heat pump installed. My backup is a gas furnace which was all I had prior to the heat pump install. I used to run that furnace off of a generator during a power outage. I'm wondering if there is any potential problem with switching the system to Emergency mode and running the...
  6. ChasB

Looking for 3-inch ABS no-hub adapters in Seattle area

My apologies. I went to Pacific Plumbing and they showed me what you were talking about. My house was built in 1967. The couplings you show are just what I need. I must've misunderstood the inspector. Thanks for your help.
  7. ChasB

Actually I recall that my inspector told me I should use the abs adapter fittings with th no-hub, so I have to get them, just hoping I could find them more reasonably priced
  8. ChasB

I planned on using one of those but don't I also need an adapter for the ABS pipe to deal with the slightly larger size of the ABS vs the cast iron or will it seal ok and pass inspection with just the no-hub?
  9. ChasB

I need a couple 3-inch ABS No-hub adapters like this https://www.ferguson.com/product/-abs-dwv-no-hub-adapter-adwvanh/_/A-ProdFamily-241962 ..but wondering if someone knows of a place in King County that would have them for less than the $14.84 that Ferguson sells them for. I've been to a...
  10. ChasB

Question on how I've looped the PEX lines

He said the loops were not necessary, but he failed me for how I did the horizontal wet vent for the toilet, so I've got work to do. Hopefully be ready for another shot next week. Thanks all for the comments.
  11. ChasB

We'll see I guess. He's coming over within the next couple hours so too late to mess with it now! ;-) Thanks for the post. Maybe I'll ask him if I can remove them.
  12. ChasB

Oh right, shower lines too. Thx!
  13. ChasB

Hard to see in the pic but I did clamp the loops to the boards on the wall. Might be more than 32 inches from those to the 90 degree bends, so I will check that, if that's what you're referring to. Actually I'm sure it's more than 32 for the sink lines. I can address that if I leave the loops.
  14. ChasB

I've got my rough-in inspection for a bathroom on Tuesday. I'm wondering about how I've done the supply lines. I used rigid 3/4 pex to bring the water to the bathroom, then switched to 1/2 pex and did the loops you can see under the floor up to the sink and toilet. I read that loops or something...
  15. ChasB

Never mind: PEX hammer arrestors in the Seattle area

After further review of posts, I'm going to forego installing arrestors. Seems like they are normally just needed for washers and dishwashers. I'm working on a bathroom, so I wait to see if water hammer is a problem before I buy arrestors. =============== I was hoping to get some 1/2 PEX hammer...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks