Recent content by Chanle51

1. Chanle51

Well pump runs, poly pipe holds pressure - no water delivered to tank (SOLVED)

Hi all, Just circling back with an update. It turns out there was indeed a hole in the drop pipe, just above the pump. It apparently melted - the Square D low-flow pressure switch apparently didn't cut power (shame on me for cheaping out?) New pump and a proper controller are being installed...
  2. Chanle51

Thank you - that's helpful info (based on your link, I'm not even close to the amperage you'd expect with a stuck rotor.) The casing I.D. is 6 1/2". I'll mention a sleeve to the techs when they get here tomorrow AM. Thanks again.
  3. Chanle51

Totally agree. While it's pulled we'll throw a new pump on there.
  4. Chanle51

Thanks again for the feedback and ideas. I really appreciate it. I think it'll be time for them to pull the pump and inspect - I'd not thought to check and see where the waterline on the poly is - great idea!
  5. Chanle51

Thanks Reach4. No check valve outside the well itself. I had been reading the write-up the technicians left. Taking a look at the pump label they left on the tank when it was installed in 2018 - it's 230v 1 phase , 1HP. Two wires and no control box. Looks like I'm getting 246v across...
  6. Chanle51

Thank you Fitter for the information - Greatly appreciated! Edit: Looking at the writeup the tech left, it looks like the model number they cited for the well pump is actually the model of the pressure tank. Thanks for chasing that down in spite of me providing bad info.
  7. Chanle51

Hi all, I'm looking for some thoughts on our home well situation please. Apologies for the novel/detail We have a 420 foot drilled well with the pump set at 400 feet. The pump is a Berkeley 7SP4E Three days ago we ran out of household water. No sediment in the new filter - no smell, no...
  8. Chanle51

Tub to Shower - Venting Question

Thanks for the response Cass. If for the sake of this question we assume that the 1.5" tub drain pipe was actually 2" PVC then would the existing tub drainage and venting design match the needs of a shower, or would different or additional venting be needed? I do expect to find 1.5" PVC when...
  9. Chanle51

Tub to Shower - Venting Question

Hi - I'm in the process now of redoing our second story bath, and want to remove the tub and install a shower. (We're in NH.) Assuming the tub drain is 2" PVC and that I can either move the drain location to the center of the shower pan or that I can find a pan that has the offset...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks